Parisian Peel® Medical Microdermabrasion
Medical Microdermabrasion is the most trusted gentle, non-invasive skin rejuvenation therapy available today. Medical Microdermabrasion uses a directed stream of micro-crystals, combined with vacuum to rejuvenate the skin.
A must for all skin types, this safe and effective non-invasive exfoliating procedure removes the top layers of dead skin cells. The outcome is smoother, clearer, young-looking skin.
The treatment addresses the most common skin conditions with topicals for hydrating, skin lightening, and acne. The result is improvement in the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles, hyperpigmentation, uneven skin tone, as well as sun-damaged and acne-prone skin. The face, neck, décolleté, and hands may be treated.
Medical Microdermabrasion can easily be preformed on your lunch hour so you can return immediately to your normal activities. Your skin will have a warm, pinkish glow that will usually fade in about 30 minutes, leaving your skin looking healthy and renewed. While you may see visible results after the first treatment, lasting and more significant results will be seen after 4 to 6 treatments, each spaced three to four weeks apart, supplemented by a daily post-care routine.
Pros of Medical Microdermabrasion
- Immediate result with no down time, pain, or side effects.
- Improved look of scars, wrinkles, and skin spots.
- Effective for all skin types and safe for all skin tones
Cons of Medical Microdermabrasion
- When used on its own this treatment cannot help more serious skin conditions such as deep acne, or eczema.
- Not suitable for rosacea
- Requires multiple sessions and maintenance treatments for maximum effectiveness
- Skin may feel sensitive and be sensitive to the sun immediately after.
- Oily skin
- Dull skin
- Enlarged pores
- Clogged pores
- Fine lines
- Mild acne scars
- Mild complexion problems (such as poor skin texture and uneven pigmentation)
- Use of Accutane ( patient must have discontinued their use of Accutane at least 6 months prior to receiving a Parisian peel)
- Inflammatory acne
- Weeping or open pimples
- Active herpetic breakout
- Rash, wound, or random skin irritation in on the area to be treated
- Undiagnosed lesions
- Auto-immune disorders
Products to discontinue before a treatment
- Accutane use must be discontinued at least 6 months prior to receiving a Parisian Peel
- Topical retinoid creams must be discontinued temporarily, at the minimum of 3 days before a Parisian Peel
- The client will leave with moisturizer and sun block on
- The client can wash their face that night, using their normal cleanser and moisturizer
- The client can begin use of the retinoid creams the next morning
- Sunscreen is necessary after a Parisian Peel. The client should reapply throughout the day if in constant or strong sun light.
- The skin will be red or flushed after a treatment, which is normal. The redness dissipated by that evening or the next morning.
- Any dryness can be alleviated with the client’s normal moisturizer.
Schedule your complimentary consultation by phoning 1-508-420-5100. We look forward to meeting you!